Do you enjoy science and have an interest in working with animals?
Are you considering a career change now that you’ve been out of school for a few years?
Have you ever wondered if a career in veterinary medicine is right for you?
If so, the week-long Adventures in Veterinary Medicine Adult Program is the perfect way for you to explore the wide variety of careers available within veterinary medicine and discover first-hand what attending veterinary school is really like. This exciting and intensive program is your opportunity to learn more about veterinary medicine, surrounded by others who share your passion for animals, health, and science.
- Investigate specialty fields and important topics in veterinary medicine through informative lectures and discussions led by Tufts faculty, staff, and vet students.
- Shadow fourth-year veterinary students in the Foster Hospital for Small Animals, the Hospital for Large Animals, or the Tufts Wildlife Clinic.
- Get valuable insight into what it takes to be a competitive veterinary school applicant and how to plan for the financial realities of vet school. Includes individualized admission counseling.
- Build new skills as you work hands-on with animals on the Cummings School Farm, participate in laboratories, give a clinical exam to a dog, practice bandaging and suturing, and more.
The Adult program is designed for college graduates or those over 23 years of age. It is tailored to non-traditional individuals who are interested in a possible career change and want to explore the field of veterinary medicine.
Classes begin daily at 9 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Session 2: May 5–9, 2014
Tuition of $990 includes lunches, program materials, and activity and laboratory fees.
Please carefully read the application instructions prior to filling out the application.
A nonrefundable application fee of $40 is required and may be paid by credit card when completing the online application.
Official transcripts must be sent directly from your school. We require the following documentation:
- High school transcripts from students who are in their first year of college
- Official transcripts from every institution you have attended
- Fall grades as soon as they are available (make sure they are indicated on your most current transcript)
Please have all transcripts mailed to:
Adventures in Veterinary Medicine
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
200 Westboro Road
North Grafton, MA 01536
Completed Application File Requirements
(See the application instructions for more details.)
- Submitted online application, including
- School and extracurricular activities list
- Description of paid or volunteer animal related experience
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Two letters of evaluation
- Grades and official transcripts
Incomplete files will not be reviewed. It is the applicant’s responsibility to follow through with the AVM office to ensure that their file is complete. Early application is advised as our sessions are extremely competitive with a limited number of spaces available.
Upon enrollment in AVM, participants will be required to submit proof that they are up-to-date on required vaccinations. Please review the list of required vaccinations when applying to ensure you can be current on these vaccinations by the program immunization deadline.