Explore the wide variety of careers available within veterinary medicine and discover first-hand what attending veterinary school is really like! The week-long Adventures in Veterinary Medicine College Program is the perfect introduction for students interested in pursuing a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree. This exciting and intensive program is your opportunity to learn more about veterinary medicine, surrounded by others who share your passion for animals, health, and science.
- Investigate specialty fields and important topics in veterinary medicine through informative lectures by Tufts faculty, staff, and vet students.
- Shadow fourth-year veterinary students in the Foster Hospital for Small Animals, the Hospital for Large Animals, or the Tufts Wildlife Clinic.
- Get valuable insight into what it takes to be a competitive veterinary school applicant and how to plan for the financial realities of vet school. Includes individualized admission counseling.
- Build new skills as you work hands-on with animals on the Cummings School Farm, participate in laboratories, give a clinical exam to a dog, practice bandaging and suturing, and more.
Students who are currently enrolled in or who have recently graduated from college.
Tuition of $990 includes lunches, program materials, and activity and laboratory fees.
- Session 3: June 5–9, 2017
- Session 4: June 12–16, 2017
Classes begin daily at 9 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The application for the 2017 AVM program will be available on November 7, 2016.
A nonrefundable application fee of $40 is required and may be paid by credit card or electronic check when completing the online application.
Official transcripts must be sent directly from your school. We require the following documentation:
- High school transcripts from students who are in their first year of college
- Official transcripts from every institution you have attended
- If you are currently taking classes, please wait to send us your transcript from that institution until your fall grades are released.
Please have all transcripts mailed to:
Adventures in Veterinary Medicine
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University
200 Westboro Road
North Grafton, MA 01536
Completed Application File Requirements
- Submitted online application, including
- School and extracurricular activities list
- Description of paid or volunteer animal related experience
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Two letters of evaluation
- Grades and official transcripts
Incomplete files will not be reviewed. It is the applicant’s responsibility to follow through with the AVM office to ensure that their file is complete. Early application is advised as our sessions are extremely competitive with a limited number of spaces available.
Please review the list of required vaccinations when applying to ensure you can be current on these vaccinations by the program immunization deadline. The AVM office will contact accepted participants to request proof that they are up-to-date on required vaccinations.