The Adventures in Veterinary Medicine Middle School Program is a fun and exciting way for middle school students to spend one week learning about being a veterinarian and the varied career opportunities within the profession.
- Explore specialty fields and important topics in veterinary medicine through engaging lectures by Tufts faculty, staff, and vet students.
- Get up close and personal with the animals on the Cummings School Farm while learning proper animal handling techniques and performing physical examinations.
- Build your vet skills! Practice bandaging and suturing, learn how to read x-rays, give a clinical exam to a dog, and work as a team to solve a challenging medical case.
- Visit the spay/neuter clinic, do a dissection in the anatomy lab, and more!
Students who have entered 7th or 8th grade as of September 2016 are eligible for all middle school sessions. Middle school applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The tuition of $780 includes lunches, program materials, and activity and laboratory fees.
Choose from three available middle school sessions. You may apply to one session only, as this program is very popular and the limited spaces fill up quickly.
- Session 1: April 17–21, 2017
- Session 5: June 19–23, 2017
- Session 7: July 10–14, 2017
Classes begin daily at 9 a.m. and end at 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please carefully read the application instructions prior to filling out the application.
Students whose applications are complete will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until sessions are full. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance status within two to three weeks. Students with incomplete applications will not be accepted until all required materials are submitted. Seats cannot be reserved.
Completed Application Requirements
(See the application instructions for more details.)
- Submitted Online Application
- Grade Level Verification
- Nonrefundable Deposit of $380
Please review the list of required vaccinations when applying to ensure you/your child can be current on these vaccinations by the program immunization deadline. The AVM office will contact accepted participants to request proof that they are up-to-date on required vaccinations.