Open Menu Close Menu Open Search Close Search Open Directory Close Directory

Revised & Simplified Process — apply using the short, simple form below!

Applications are OPEN:  FY 19 Web Grant Cycle 

Each academic year, the office of marketing & academic communications works on a variety of school-wide priority web projects in addition to technical maintenance of existing websites and regular updating (via the web update tool) of existing web content.  School priority projects, as identified by the Dean and/or Dean’s Council, account for approximately 75% of marketing staff time and resources. The remaining 25% of staff resource is reserved for approved for community-submitted projects.

Community-submitted projects are reviewed once a year during the late Summer/early Fall timeframe by the Dean’s Council and are either scheduled for development into the current grant cycle or declined.  Accepted projects may receive a combination of writing assistance, project management, and web development resources.   Please note:  since launching the website grant program in 2016 we have learned that demand outweighs available school resources;  marketing and the Dean’s Council closely collaborate to carefully choose the projects that are likely to be most successful and align closest with school priorities.

Newly revised process:

  • Submit your project using the simple, short form below.
  • Marketing reviews applications and may reach out to project owners with clarifying questions prior to meeting with the Dean’s Council.
  • Marketing meets with Dean’s Council to review applications.
  • Dean’s Council selects projects that align closely with school priorities and have the best opportunity to be completed within the grant cycle period.
  • All submitters will be notified of the Dean’s Council decisions within five days.
    • Accepted projects will process to a kickoff meeting when we will refine goals, discuss timelines, deliverables, and expectations.
    • Declined projects will be offered an opportunity to schedule a short session with the marketing team to determine next steps for future submissions or alternative development options supported by Tufts University.

 Questions? Read our frequently asked questions about the web grant program.


Timeline for the upcoming grant cycle:

  • Submissions Open: Sept 5 – midnight Sept 24th, 2018
  • Review Period of Submissions: Sept 25-28, 2018
  • Dean’s Council Review: October 2, 2018
  • Notice of Acceptance: October 5, 2018

Application Form