She is examining the molecular phenotype of naturally occurring chronic mitral valve disease in dogs, and developing novel RNA vectors including extracellular vesicles to address disease phenotypes. She is also conducting a randomized placebo controlled clinical trial to test the effects of umbilical cord matrix (Wharton’s Jelly) derived mesenchymal stem cells on cardiac remodeling associated with chronic mitral valve disease in dogs.
Our Most Recent Publications
- Regenerative cells in the ageing lung
- Treatment of perianal fistulas with human embryonic stem cell-derived MSCs: a canine model of human fistulizing Crohn’s disease.
- Systemic Administration of Human Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cell Extracellular Vesicles Ameliorates Aspergillus Hyphal Extract-Induced Allergic Airway Inflammation in Immunocompetent Mice.
- Equine model for soft-tissue regeneration.
- Relationships between equine airway reactivity measured by flowmetric plethysmography and specific indicators of airway inflammation in horses with suspected inflammatory airway disease.